Meet The Designer
Valarie is Owner/Operator of The Whole Nine Yards.
When it comes to the business of custom design, Valarie is someone you want to know. She offers a fierce determination, out-of-the-box ideas, and a drive towards excellence & high accomplishment.
Valarie is a graduate of Sheridan College, Oakville, Ontario in Fashion Technique and Design, fulfilling her dream of becoming a designer.
In the last 25 years of her professional career she had had a wide variety of experiences.
- Working on different theatre production like :
- Lion King,
- The Producers,
- and Mamma Mia for Mervish industries in Toronto.
- International movies – Beowulf (released Aug. 2006)
- Published in OPRAH Magazine, Dec. 2004
Combined with various other contracts, she has had a successful business in Toronto for 6 years. As well as being Head Designer & Head Drafter for Finelines Dancewear
Coming back to Thunder Bay was a priority as her desire for her own store continued to grow. She was seeing a need for her type of business in Thunder Bay as the alterations & tailoring companies were starting to retire.
With this in mind, she was able to formulate a plan to do what she loves to do in a place she loves to live!
Member of the:
- Canadian Professional Sewers Association
- Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce.
- Winner of the 2008 Chamber of Commerce New Business Excellence Award